Eurovision: Semi Final One, a response


Following the lead of my good friend IttyBC, I have also decided to analyse my first impression reactions against the European voting public.

My Top Ten by my first impression score:

74 Romania THROUGH
72 Turkey THROUGH
67 Armenia THROUGH
65 Montenegro
55 Macedonia
54 Portugal THROUGH
48 Finland THROUGH
40 Belarus
32 Andorra
32 Malta THROUGH

My bottom 8

26 Israel THROUGH
21 Sweden THROUGH
14 Iceland THROUGH
13 Bosnia Herzegovina THROUGH
12 Switzerland
9 Belgium
7 Bulgaria
1 Czech Republic


Sporadic random thoughts on things to do with the first Semi:

Half way through I said to K (a Eurovision virgin) "If you remember, at the start of the show, I let you know that ONLY ten of these songs will go through... Now we have heard most of them I'm afraid I have to tell you that ONLY 8 of these will NOT qualify for the Final on Saturday!"

On the night itself, it was interesting to see that 7 of the countries that qualified were the last 7 to sing.

On the day of the Semi I decided to listen to the whole Eurovision album rather than just the ones I had chosen for my On The Go list… There was a song I really loved that I couldn’t remember having heard before… It was Bulgaria’s. I spent all day listening to it but then he just couldn’t do it live, despite the naked man on stilts behind him.

Why didn’t Belarus qualify?!

The Swedish singer’s face is so rigid and mask like that the small child of a friend of mine burst into tears on her first close up to camera.

Comments