Eurovision Semi Final Two: A Response

Following the lead of my good friend IttyBC, I have also decided to analyse my first impression reactions against the European voting public. My Top Ten by my first impression score:

95 Ukraine THROUGH
92 Moldova THROUGH
90 Albania THROUGH
86 Greece THROUGH
84 Norway THROUGH
81 Estonia THROUGH
68 Azerbaijan THROUGH
67 Hungary
64 Lithuania THROUGH
61 Netherlands

My bottom 9

53 Slovenia
52 Cyprus
42 Denmark THROUGH
34 Poland
33 Croatia THROUGH
32 Ireland
31 Latvia
18 Slovakia
10 Serbia

Sporadic random thoughts on things to do with the second Semi:

It’s a travesty that Ireland has not qualified… They were amazing in their live performance and was one of my favourites on the night. 82/100!

The Albanian song was the favourite in the Retro Bar where I watched it on the big screen

Netherlands were so bad they were good and Saturday’s final will be a duller place without them... As Paddy O'Connell, said, "how many glitterballs had to die to make those men their suits?"!

The consensus in the Retro was that ‘hot favourite’ Norway was insipid and tedious and probably only got through on the pity vote from the juries.

Comments