Country 3: France


Ahhhhh.. La Belle France.

My most visited country after the UK. Until recently I detested Paris but even now it’s charms are winning me over. The rest of the country from Toulouse to St Tropez, from the skiing region of Courcheval to the Champagne caves of Reims, has always been loved by me. It is the kind of country that you just don't need to leave once you're there as the climate, the cuisine and the landscape just offers everything.

My first trip however was something of a cheat. I stepped foot in France, and claimed it as country no. 3 as I alighted from the cross channel ferry at the age of 10 and stepped aboard the train that would take me to Austria.

It's not my fault France is in the way of so many other places you want to get to from here!


and forgive the photo... It is me in front of the Scre Coeur on my first proper visit to France at the tender age of 16... It was 1990, what can I say? I thought I looked really cool!

Comments