Air France Security

This is the continuation of my RTW diary from December 2003.

I broke my RTW trip with a visit home to the UK for Christmas. I took an Air France flight from Bangkok to Paris. It was two years after September 11th.

The photo is one I took of the door to the flight deck propped open with a piece of plastic. This was done so that it was easier for the flight crew to take cups of coffee to and from the pilots.


When the stewards walked off the top deck of the 747 leaving it totally deserted I walked in. Scared the shit out of the co-pilot I can tell you. Then I stammered out in my best bumbling Englishman abroad style "Oops! Could you tell me the way to the toilet please?" The pilot seemed to find it quite funny.

The door was firmly closed behind me as the correct toilet door was pointed out.

On arrival back in the UK, I did call the news desk of a national newspaper. You know how they love those kind of undercover stories where they prove how easy it is for journalists with fake CVs to become the person who serves the Queen breakfast. I was told if it had been a BA flight it would have been front page news... As it was Air France though, there would be no public interest in the story.

Comments

  1. Arc1charters provides premium helicopter services for multiple markets nationwide, news, charter, medical, and government industries with unparalleled professionalism and quality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment