Is that that Irish player who captained the Lions?


Now what’s his name?!

There’s no point approaching someone famous to ask them if they are who you think they are if you can’t remember their name. But as Paul O’Connell crossed the road and walked straight towards me my mind went blank.

As I discretely tried to pull on K’s sleeve to see if he could remember his name I knew I was onto a loser as K would never have set eyes on him before.

As I tried to rack my brain I tried to wonder what the Irish second row and most recent British Lions Captain would be doing in Limerick. I later found out he could have been doing almost anything because as Captain OF Munster, Limerick is his home town!

As this 6ft 6 legend of modern rugby walked past it was just as well that the surprise of seeing him had rendered inoperable the part of my brain that can recall names… I doubt I could have strung a sentence together!

Comments