Uzbeki School Party

Monday Morning

They say a Hungarian is someone who can enter a revolving door after , but come out in front of you. Hungarians have nothing on the Uzbeks.

I paid my Turkish entry tax and then joined the queue for Passport Control.

It was one of these tensa-barrier snaking affairs. And it was busy with every major carrier landing at Istanbul at 6am it seemed.

As I was funnelled into the tensa-purgatory I noticed with alarm that I was just in front of a party of 60 rowdy shouty boisterous schoolchildren and their elbow-heavy teachers. I worked out from their passports that they were from Uzbekistan.

What I noticed with bewilderment was by the end of the half an hour it took to get to the front of the tensa-circle-of-hell, that I was now just behind the same party of 60 rowdy shouty boisterous schoolchildren and their elbow-heavy teachers.

How had that happened?

Comments