Country 55: Luxembourg

So some claims to have visted a country are more dubious than others.

I have met people who claimed that you have to sleep in a country to count it. That would make my lunch in Mexico null and void. But then they claimed Guernsey and Jersey as two separate countries, so what do they know?!

I have met people who have claimed it is enough to eat a meal somewhere, but Airport Transfers do not count. I can see some reason to this, though it leaves me claim to the UAE in doubt... Sadly the airport is as close as I want to get to Dubai, so tentative though my grasp on that country is, I will still keep the claim.

What noone has ever commented on is whether going to the loo in a country counts. And what about going to the loo in a country twice, 7 days apart?

Such was the dilemma I posed to myself as I stood outside a motorway service station toilet in Luxembourg at 4am on a February morning in 2007. Who am I kidding? What dilemma?! I had crossed a border, I was standing in Luxembourg. I'd made my mark, so to speak.

It counts.

Comments