Country 60: Cyprus

I went to Cyprus on the first weekend of the Summer Holiday.

I went the same weekend that the final Harry Potter book was released.

I'd booked a spa hotel.

I didn't even bother to buy a Cyprus guide book because I knew that for once I wouldn't even leave the hotel.

On the first day I strolled along the beach and caught a bit of sunshine. I could see nothing of Cyprus though as the beach is hemmed in by cliffs.

On the second day I had an amazing massage and lounged around the spa.

On the third day after I finished Harry Potter, I did a Parascend/parasail where you go off the back of a boat attached to a parachute. I hoped that I might get high enough to see over the top of the cliff, but I didn't.

Then on the fourth day I got in a taxi and went back to the airport and went home.

Not typical me, but utter utter bliss.

Comments