US State 2: Texas

My flight from Atlanta landed at Dallas Fort Worth.

My flight to Albuquerque was due to depart in 20 minutes.

Announcements were made on the flight as we came in to land directing all of us who were connecting to the relevent gate.

We landed at Gate 4. I was taking off from Gate 11.

I came off the flight and could see to my left Gate 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

I walked to Gate 10 and saw a sign saying "Gates 11 - 492 turn left".

I turned left.

Gate 11 was not within sight. As I ran and ran and ran, I got the impression that it was about a mile away from Gate 10.

Now I'm not saying it was a close thing, but as I got on board the flight it pushed back as they were closing the door behind me. How my suitcase got transferred in the time it took me to run from one flight to the other I will never know!

Comments