US State 3: New Mexico: Albuquerque


One week in Albuquerque and this was the most exciting picture that I took.

During the whole month I spent in the US, I took 6 films of photos. At some point in my life I decided to keep only 12 pictures of this journey, and this is the picture of Albuquerque that survived the cull.

A photo of the 'Docklandisation' of global business architecture.

I had a lovely time in Albuquerque and I was very well looked after by my hosts.

The most exciting thing to happen in Albuquerque while I was there was some local exploitation of a gaffe by Vice Presidential candidate Dan Quayle. He misspellt the word potato in a primary school. This tapped into the local psyche of how 'unspellable' Albuquerque is and the local tourist board jumped on the bandwagon and T-Shirt mania ensued... A T-shirt became available with the city name scrawled across the back and the phrase "Dan Quayle was right... it does have an 'e' on the end".

NM went for Clinton in the November election which followed.

Comments