US State 5: Nebraska

Not only did it start to rain, it rained hard.

And I mean hard enough to stop people from sleeping hard.

And I mean the most thunderous thunder.

And I mean the first time I ever saw forked lightning. Except I now got to see it for four hours.

This was a rain storm which lasted all the way from Denver, Colorado until we were well into Nebraska and while the thunder and lightning stopped, the rain was still going as we pulled into a diner at 6am.

Light did little to improve the journey. Because now we could see Nebraska.

And when I say see Nebraska, I mean we could see the corn.

The endless corn. Corn which ran on and on and on and on as far as the eye could see and all the way from breakfast in nowhersville Nebraska to Omaha, where we stopped for lunch and a driver change.

And then all the way from Omaha to the Iowa border. Corn. Endless bloody corn.

Comments