Back to real music


On the bus this morning I turned on my iPod and got the opening bars of the Lithuanian entry, straight from my 'On The Go' list.

When the running order for the Final was confirmed, I had composed my 'On The Go' entirely of the Eurovision Finalists... Yes they were in order of performance on the night. No, I didn't use the shuffle function.

So as Lithuania piped up in all his George-Michael-Careless-Whisper-era wonderfulness, I thought to myself, "Time for an edit."

I now have a playlist made up of Indie goodness and as Ocean Colour Scene succeeded Blur streaming out of my earphones the thought did occur to me how much better real music is than all that Euro-pap I've been aurally assaulting myself with for the last month!

My next thought was: "Could we get Kings Of Leon to do next year's UK entry?"! The online petition will be launched soon :)

369 days to go til the next one... Roll on Oslo!

Comments

  1. I have decided that we should start a survey of who your favorite person would be to do the next UK Eurovision song.
    My vote would, OF COURSE, be an 80s star.
    1) Boy George
    2) Depeche Mode
    3) Andrew Rigeley - yes, by himself
    3) Duran Duran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elton John is apparently lined up to do the British entry for Eurovision next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment