What does your iPod mean?


What does your iPod say about you?

In January the hard drive on my PC went down. All my files were recovered eventually, but none of the programmes. What with moving and the joys of the glacial pace of UK telecommunications companies, we only got the internet today; so I could only download iTunes to my new computer today; so I only found out what the listening roll call was for the 2009 Eurovision today.
I was genuinely taken aback.

I was very confused to find Portugal at the top of my 2009 Eurovision iPod playlist. I couldn;t believe Israel was in it at all. It got me thinking about the reliability of using an iPod play list as any kind of reliable indicator of anything. So I decided to look at the 10 songs above and below
the Portuguese entry on my all time list to see what these songs say about me.

The song is ranked 76 on my all time list.

Lower than it:
77 Indigo Girls
78 Rufus Wainwright sings Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall
79 The Belgian Entry from Eurovision 2006
80 Defying Gravity from the Broadway ‘Wicked’ soundtrack
81 ‘From Paris To Berlin’... Thumping Disco track by Infernal
82 A track from an album I bought by a French band who did last years Eurovision... Les Fatal Picards
83 Madonna
84 Sigur Ros
85 Suede
86 More Indigo Girls...

Hmmm...

So what are the 10 songs above the Portuguese song?

75 Arctic Monkeys
74 Stacey Kent from Breakfast On The Morning Tram
73 Stacey Kent from The Boy Next Door
72 Rufus Wainwright from Want One
71 Rufus Wainwright from Judy again... “Zing Went The Strings Of My Heart”
70 Serbia’s Eurovision winner from 2007
69 Goldfrapp with Strict Machine
68 Christina Aguilera ‘Ain’t No Other Man’
67 Greece’s Eurovision winner from 2005
66 ‘The Best of Times’ from the Broadway recording of ‘La Cage Aux Folles’

From this I conclude I must be a Euro-gay with a Brit-poppy indie streak, who responds well to a bit of heavy based disco and who keeps a place in his heart for musical theatre... Doesn’t sound like me at all!

What does your iPod list from 66-86 say about you?

Comments

  1. 66: Feel It Too: Kate Alexa from the H20 Just Add Water Soundtrack
    67: Bring It All Back: S Club 7
    68: When You're Looking Like That: Westlife
    69: Gives You Hell: All American Rejects
    70: Keep On Moving: 5ive
    71: What About Us: John Barrowman
    72: Through The Years: Kenny Rogers
    73: Lady: The Little River Band
    74: Escape: The Pina Colada Song: Rupert Everett
    75: Tragedy: Steps
    76: Tunnel Of Love: Dire Straits
    77: Skin Trade: Duran Duran
    78: Ordinary Girl: Kate Alexa (This is the theme song from H20: Just Add Water
    79: Tonight: Kate Alexa from the H20: Just Add Water Soundtrack
    80: Makes Me Wonder: Maroon 5
    81: Bring Me Some Water: Melissa Etheridge
    82: Hard Act To Follow: Split Enz
    83: Popular: The Veronicas
    84: Silhouettes: Cliff Richard
    85: Ordinary World: Duran Duran
    86: Teardrops: Kate Alexa (believe it or not, this song is NOT on the H20: Just Add Water soundtrack....

    I think I need to point out at this stage that I do not have an all time list as I run my Ipod in playlists rather than as one huge list. So what I did was go to music and hit playcount. These songs are therefore numbers 66 to 86 on my playcount list.

    So what does my list say about me? 1) I like H2O: Just Add Water and it's sound track waaaaay too much. 2: I like pop music. Probably BAD pop music. I'm pop chick who likes a mix of old and new. I have a 14 year old daughter who has had a distinct influence on my listening. I have a predisposition to boy bands I may yet need to grow out of...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment