Bangkok

This is a continuation of my RTW diary from December 2003.



I had been disappointed to arrive in Bangkok the day after the King's Birthday as I missed all of the celebrations and fireworks associated with the national holiday.

After forcing myself out to the market on the first full day in Bangkok I woke up on the second day and decided I just needed a rest. So I took my book down to the poolside and read all day... The sightseeing could wait until the day after.

I woke up on the third day in Bangkok to find a sheet of paper slipped under my door... It informed me that as today was วันรัฐธรรมนูญ or Constitution Day. As it is a National Holiday, everything was closed. So I picked up my book and spent a second day by the pool.

Then that evening I flew home to London for Christmas before heading onto Australia, New Zealand and the USA in the New Year.

Comments