Country 9: Oh Canada!

While I was in Detroit, I also popped over the border to my 9th country, Canada... More of which later.

In fact I have never been to the USA and NOT visited Canada. Last time I went to Vancouver and Toronto as part of my cross continent drive.

One other big feature of that drive were two collections.

The first was license plates... USA states have different plates to one another, so it was fun trying to spot plates from all 50.

The second collection was of the new 'state series' quarter coins. My interest was picked up by a friend of mine who I visited in Chicago, who bought me a commemorative book to keep the coins in... It seemee like a funny idea after a jug of margaritas and they are pictured with it here. Last time I was in the US, the Fed had only issued coins from states on the East of the Mississippi... On my return I now hope to complete my collection once and for all :)

Comments